Courses for 14-16 year olds
Central Sussex College offers Entry Level 3 through to Level 2 vocational courses for Key Stage 4 students providing the opportunity to attend college to develop vocational skills in readiness for further study at a higher level or an apprenticeship. Our tutors have a proven track record in their industries and students will benefit from small class sizes.
How does it work?
Attendance at College ranges from 2 hours to 5 days a week whilst you are in Years 10 and 11, with the agreement of your school. As well as working towards a vocational qualification, students will gain experience of being in a college environment.
If you think that this is something that you would like to do, speak to your Head of Year at school before applying.
Courses offered as 14-16 programmes:
- Child Care
- Hair & Beauty
- Food Preparation
- Introduction to Construction
- Motor Vehicle
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Essential Skills Programme - Maths, English, ICT and Employability Skills.
What they say about us
The College collaborates with, and responds very effectively to, the needs of local schools and employers.
The range of courses for students aged 14 to 16 is outstanding.
How to apply:
- Choose the course you are interested in
- Complete an application form supplied by your school and hand it to your school
- Attend an interview at the College
- An offer letter will be sent to you if you are successful.
For more information about 14-16 courses, or to obtain an application form if your school does not have one contact the 14-19 Partnership Coordinator on 01293 453473.