Apply for an apprenticeship - your step-by-step guide
The Job Shop at Central Sussex College offer a recruitment service for candidates interested in apprenticeships. The Job Shop team will be able to answer any questions you have regarding apprenticeships and will be able to help you apply for any vacancies they currently have on offer in the local area.
The Job Shop can assist you with:
- guidance on how to apply for vacancies and how to fill in an application
- help with how to write a winning apprenticeship application
- tips and techniques on interview skills
- regular communication about current vacancies
- If you think an apprenticeship is right for you, join our candidate pool and a member of our friendly Job Shop team will then be in touch to help you through the process.
For more information call 01293 442341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our apprenticeship vacancies are advertised via the National Apprenticeship Service. If you’d like to secure an apprenticeship, or want to keep up with the latest vacancies in your chosen subject or industry, you can register online.
Here’s how to register with the Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching Service
- Go to the Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching Service website and follow these steps:
Register your details using the ‘Register now’ link under ‘New User?’
- Fill in all your details and create a username and password. Remember to keep these safe.
You will receive a confirmation email in your inbox. Click on the link in the email to activate your account. This link will open a window to your ‘My Home’ page
‘My Home’ page is your own secure space. You can use this to:
- Search for apprenticeship vacancies and save your search results
- Log your areas of interest, eg. Business
- Manage your applications
- You can search for apprenticeships that match your interests by occupation or job title, employer, location or learning provider eg. Central Sussex College
- Click on any of the listed vacancies for more information. Each listing gives details about the job, including the employer, training, pay and the qualifications you will be working towards. You can save the results so they are easy to access any time, or start a new search
- Once you’ve found the position you want, applying is easy. The application form is simple, secure and reusable so you can respond to as many vacancies as you like and save your application forms. It is important that you fill the online application in fully, using the job description, as this is your chance to stand out
- You can view the status of your applications and manage them online. Make sure you check your account regularly for updates.
- Once you have applied for your chosen vacancy with Central Sussex College, we will be in contact via your AV account and hopefully secure an interview for you.
See our Job Shop section for further details on how we can support you in your application.