Central Sussex College is one of the largest apprenticeship training providers in Sussex and has been supporting apprentices for more than 50 years. We're currently managing over 700 apprentices in companies including Chemigraphic, Jeanie Marshal Foods, Southern Adolescent Care Services, HPC Engineering, Sofitel Gatwick and International Logistics Group, to name but a few.
Apprenticeships are the most effective way for businesses to train new talent. When it comes to the benefits of taking on an apprentice, the facts speak for themselves:
- 96% of employers have reported a benefit to their business
- 72% of businesses report improved productivity as a result of employing an apprentice
- 66% of employers reported improved product or service, the introduction of new ideas to the organisation, improved staff morale and better staff retention
- Businesses that offer Apprenticeships view them as beneficial to their long-term development
- Apprenticeships enable businesses to grow their skills base
- Apprenticeships are available at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher (degree) level, covering more than 170 industries and 1500 job roles
- The average Apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week
- Employers think that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications
(Sources: Changing the pace CBI/Pearson Education and Skills Survey 2013 - apprenticeships.org.uk - realbusiness.co.uk - Cebr, Productivity Matters Report, March 2013).
An apprentice can help you develop the specialist skills your business needs to grow, and because they are committed to a career in your industry, they make a real contribution to your workplace.
Find out more about how apprentices add value to your business by downloading our Adding value to your business leaflet, or for frequently asked questions download our employer FAQ sheet.
To talk to a Skills Adviser about taking on an apprentice call 0845 155 0043 (press 4).