C & G Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
Course Type:14-16 course
Qualification: C&G Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
Duration: Two years, one day per week
Crawley Campus, College Road,
Crawley West Sussex, RH10 1NR
Start Date: September
Learners aged 14-16, studying at school, who are keen to develop their knowledge and understanding of beauty therapy and hairdressing.
Candidates must be interviewed by the College.
Entry By: Interview
Successful interview with College.
The course will contain a mixture of both practical and theoretical elements.
As an Example;
• Unit 1 – Finding out about customer service
• Unit 2 – Basic salon reception duties
• Unit 3 – Personal presentation
• Unit 4 – Following health and safety practice
• Unit 5 – Introduction to hairdressing services
• Unit 6 – Introduction to basic perming and colouring
• Unit 7 – Applying basic make-up
• Unit 8 – Providing basic manicure
• Unit 9 – Industry and occupation awareness
Progress will be continuous throughout the course. Each unit must be completed successfully to achieve the Award. There is continuous assessment throughout the programme with end of unit completion evidenced by observation, assignments and end of year examination. Regular feed-back on progression and reporting to schools/parents will take place throughout the course.
Outcome of Course and Progression:
City & Guilds VRQ certificates in Salon Services
Successful students can progress to NVQ Level 2 and other recognised qualifications in the hairdressing and beauty therapy industry.
There will be compulsory equipment and uniform costs:
Equipment/Uniform approximately £200
Mrs Karen Blackman
14-19 Partnership Co-ordinator
Tuesday 9.00 – 2.30 pm (Yr. 1)
Friday 9.00 – 2.30 pm (Yr. 2)