Dental Nursing Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing (QCF).
Functional Skills in Mathematics and English at Level 2.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
Duration: 18 Months.
Crawley Campus, College Road,
Crawley West Sussex, RH10 1NR
Start Date: Start dates available throughout the year.
Suitable For: This course is suitable for individuals employed as Dental Nurses in General Practice, Hospitals or Community Dental Services. Delivery of this framework requires candidates to attend knowledge workshops and Functional Skills at college. There is an external assessment as well as a portfolio of evidence.
Entry By: Interview
Candidates must be employed as a dental nurse and will be subject to a successful interview.
The Level 3 Diploma combines both the competence and knowledge elements. The mandatory units are:
- Ensure your own actions reduce the risk to health and safety
- Reflect on and develop your practice
- Emergency First Aid Skills
- Prepare and maintain environments, instruments, and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- Offer information and support to individuals on the protection of their oral health
- Provide chairside support during the assessment of patients’ oral health
- Contribute to the production of dental images
- Provide chairside support during the prevention and control of periodontal disease and caries and the restoration of cavities
- Provide chairside support during the provision of fixed and removable prostheses
- Provide chairside support during non-surgical endodontic treatment
- Provide chairside support during the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
- Principles of infection control in the dental environment
- Assessment of oral health and treatment planning
- Dental radiography
- Scientific principles in the management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
- Principles and theory of Dental Nursing (Written external exam)
Outcome of Course and Progression:
On successful completion of the course you will receive an overall Advanced Apprenticeship certificate as well as your competence and Functional Skills certificates.
This course Is fully funded for those aged 16-18, however there may be an employer contribution for those aged 19+. For further details on costs and funding options please contact Employer Services on 0845 1550043 (and press option 4) or email us at email@example.com.
For further information please contact us on 01293 442340 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on-line at www.centralsussex.ac.uk under ‘Apprenticeship Training’ or ask for us at the main college reception.
Days and times to be confirmed at interview.