Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 2.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
Duration: 18 months
Crawley Campus, College Road,
Crawley West Sussex, RH10 1NR
Start Date: Start dates available throughout the year.
Suitable For: This apprenticeship is suitable for those working as Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants, Classroom Assistants, Behaviour Support Assistants, Pastoral/Welfare Assistants, Bilingual Support Assistants and Team Leaders.
Entry By: Interview
Candidates should be working in an environment which will allow them opportunities to generate the necessary work based evidence.
The Advanced Apprenticeship will cover the role of the Teaching Assistant, curriculum frameworks, how to enable learning, how to develop and promote positive behaviour, safeguarding children and reflecting on professional practice.
The Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools contains the following mandatory units:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people
Candidates can select optional units to reflect their own area and expertise.
There will be college workshops to enable Apprentices to cover the knowledge element and Functional Skills content of the framework.
Outcome of Course and Progression:
On successful completion of the course you will receive an overall Advanced Apprenticeship certificate as well as your knowledge certificate and Functional Skills Certificates.
Candidates can progress onto from the Advanced Apprenticeship onto a Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning.
This course is fully funded for those aged 16-18, however there maybe a charge for those aged 19+. For further details on costs and funding options please contact Employer Service on 0845 1550043 (and press option 4) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact us on 01293 442340 or email on email@example.com or apply on-line at www.centralsussex.ac.uk under ‘Apprenticeship Training’ or ask for us at the main college reception.
Days and times to be confirmed at interview.