Health (Clinical Healthcare Support) Intermediate Apprenticeship
Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support (QCF).
Functional Skills in Mathematics and English at Level 1.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
Duration: 12 months.
Crawley Campus, College Road,
Crawley West Sussex, RH10 1NR
Start Date: Flexible start dates throughout the year.
Suitable For: This qualification is suitable for those working within hospitals, hospices and doctors surgeries, where you have hands on clinical experience.
Entry By: Interview
Must be employed in a Health Care setting.
The Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support (QCF) has the following mandatory units:
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- The principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Causes and Spread of Infection
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
The candidate will then chose from a range of optional units to suit the specific job role.
Candidates will be expected to attend college workshops for the knowledge element and Functional Skills component of the framework.
Outcome of Course and Progression:
On successful completion of the course you will receive an overall Intermediate Apprenticeship certificate as well as your competence and Functional Skills certificate.
Candidates can progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support).
This course is fully funded for those aged 16-18, however there may be an employer contribution for those aged 19+. For further details on costs and funding options please contact Employer Services on 0845 1550043 (and press option 4) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact us on 01293 442340 or email on email@example.com or apply on-line at www.centralsussex.ac.uk under ‘Apprenticeship Training’ or ask for us at the main college reception.
Days and times to be confirmed at interview.