What are we trying to achieve?
Central Sussex College is committed to the promotion of equality and diversity for students, staff, applicants for jobs and courses, partner organisations and visitors.
Our aim is that all individuals at Central Sussex College should have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. We want people to feel welcome, safe, valued, included and respected.
The College serves the learning needs of the whole community, with the objective of promoting the economic and social well-being of the local area. We strive to be customer-focused in terms of accessibility, relevance and flexibility.
We work to eliminate unfair discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations for people, irrespective of their age; disability; gender; pregnancy and maternity status; gender identity; race; religion or belief, and sexual orientation. The College considers the impact of its activities on equality, and takes action to address any issues identified.
The College values diversity and recognises that people with different backgrounds, skills, attitudes and experiences bring fresh ideas and perceptions, and enrich our educational community.
Our Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy brings the Colleges Core Values to life - making learning central; delivering excellence; valuing each other; behaving with integrity; being inclusive and serving our community. All members of the College community staff, students and others are expected to uphold it.
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy
- Disability Statement practical information for students with disabilities
- What to do if you feel that you have been discriminated against or harassed
- Dress guidelines for learners information about appropriate dress when attending College
- Criminal convictions guidance on what to do when you are applying for a course if you have a criminal record