Central Sussex College has close links with highly influential partner organisations, keeping us at the forefront of regional and national trends in training needs and skills requirements.
Coast to Capital
Coast to Capital places international growth and entrepreneurship at its very heart, aiming to transform business and economic performance in the area.
The partnership’s mission is to provide joint public and private sector leadership to drive sustainable private sector led growth and job creation across an area reaching from Brighton & Hove to Croydon and including the Gatwick Diamond and West Sussex.
The partnership will focus on increasing employment opportunities by increasing the number of start-up companies and encouraging entrepreneurship.
Gatwick Diamond Business
Established for over 60 years, Gatwick Diamond Business (GDB) has been the leading voice for business and commerce in the region. Representing business, it provides a united voice to influence local and central Government issues.
Central Sussex College is proud to be a member of GDB and works in partnership with the group and its members to ensure that the skills needs of local employers are met.
Gatwick Diamond Business has the following core objectives with regard to representing the needs of its members:
- To promote inter-trading and business development opportunities for members
- To continue as the premier independent business association consulted by local, regional and national government bodies and to be the voice for the local business community
- To assist in retaining a skilled, quality workforce and develop further opportunities throughout the area
- To encourage inward investment into the Gatwick Diamond
- To develop links throughout the UK, Europe and beyond, where applicable, for the membership
- To act as a source of information and advice on local and national issues and to make representations on behalf of the membership
To find out more about Gatwick Diamond Business:
Gatwick Diamond Initiative
The Gatwick Diamond is a key business location and with Gatwick Airport at its heart, is one of the UK’s most thriving economies. It is home to international brand names in finance, business services, advanced manufacture, aviation and pharmaceuticals as well as a large number of innovative small companies.
Each year, Central Sussex College works with around 2,000 of these organisations, helping them increase their skills and improve their business performance.
Set up in 2003, The Gatwick Diamond Initiative is a business led private/public sector partnership helping to take the economic performance of the sub-region from good to excellent. Focusing on key strategic issues, local authorities, government agencies and leading business representatives are addressing the needs of the area to ensure it is a world-class place to live, work and do business.